Image Map Image Map Image Map

My Word Collection

"No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world"
-The Dead Poet's Society

I'm not sure why, but I've always loved quotes.  Whether from a movie, a poem, a song, a book, or just something I heard somebody say, I hold on to the words that mean something to me.  I guess you could say I collect words.  Thoughts, and ideas, and words.
Maybe it's something about the insight into life that they seem to offer, or the varying perspectives that I gain from reading them.  Or maybe it's just gathering inspiration 
from someone else's words and beliefs.
In high-school, I used to love notebooks.  I'd hoard as many of them as I could find, and in them I'd collect thoughts and ideas - both my own, and those of others.  At one point, I kept a notebook filled with quotes that I loved.  Now, I just keep those quotes in a little notebook that fits easily into my coat pocket, the words like neighbors to my own thoughts and ideas.  
One day, I hope that I'll have said something worth quoting.  Something that somebody else will garner inspiration from.  But for now, I'll keep collecting those quotes which I come across and find interesting or insightful.  Those words which often come to me at night while I'm thinking, or which prove themselves useful when I need advice and have found none readily available to me.  

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, the most inexhaustible source of magic; capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."
-J. K. Rowling (Dumbledore)

So how about you?  Are there any quotes that you particularly love, or have to read over a few times every time you see them?
<3