Image Map Image Map Image Map

What is Home?

Day 32

Yesterday was National Take a Picture Day.

Even though I missed it, the categories - home, connections, and work - got me thinking.

How can I photograph home without the sounds, and the smells, and the feel that comes with it?  Every photograph I take, I wish I could bottle those other senses up with it, and I've always believed that great photographers can do that with only an image - communicate everything about that moment through colors printed on a page.

Today, as I photographed the flowers by my house, I realized how integral a part of the home a mailbox is.  Aside from the bills that it carries, it also brings love notes, photos from people you haven't seen, letters from pen-pals in another country... It's a part of who you are, and it carries pieces of the family - a large part of what makes a house a home.





What are your thoughts? How would you photograph "home" to show exactly what that idea means to you?



<3