Image Map Image Map Image Map

Aunt Kiersten

Day 48
So, I missed yesterday - I know.  However, I couldn't post another crappy cell phone picture, because at the end of this, I'd like to have an album that I can be mostly proud of.

I spent the past couple of hours helping a friend clean/organize the room that in four months will be home to a baby boy.  Over the past few months since she found out she was pregnant, family members, neighbors, friends, and the occasional yard-sale have contributed to the growing pile of baby clothes, toys, and other things.  

This girl has been my best friend since freshman year of high-school when I was called down to the Guidance Office to show a new girl around (a new girl who, at the time, terrified me with the air of rebellion she gave off).  That afternoon, she invited me to her house for dinner, and I can't believe how long it's been.

Since the day she's told me she was pregnant, I haven't been able to believe it.  In four months, I'll be an Aunt, and I'm trying to get used to the feel of "Aunt Kiersten".  Seeing the drawers and shelves, now full of baby clothes, that I saw for the first time over six years ago in my friend's room filled with books, candles, and DVD's is almost shocking.

I'm so excited.

<3