Image Map Image Map Image Map

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.  Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living."
- Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss would be 108 years old today, and it's incredible to me that a man who wrote his first book, To Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street was published in 1937 (credit to Google for helping me figure that out), is still being read today in 2012.  
As a kid, Dr. Seuss books were a staple of my personal library, and I still can't wait to see the new movie coming out based on one of his books!  He's been a part of almost every childhood since he started writing, and I think that he will be for a long time.

So happy birthday, Dr. Seuss!!!

What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Mine is "Oh the Places You'll Go" - I still stop to read it in the store every May when they start selling them for graduating seniors!

<3