Image Map Image Map Image Map

Tips from a Waitress

As a 20-something blogger, there are a number of things in my life that are important enough to surface on this page - my friends, how I celebrate holidays, my college life....
Going into winter break, I've noticed that my job is one of those things; so I thought that every once in a while, I'd share aspects of that with you guys.  

At some point in their lives, most people work in a restaurant - whether it's the local pizza joint, a midnight diner, a catering place, or like me, a small personally-owned restaurant.  But no matter where you waitress, a lot of the same ideas apply.

One of the things that I've found in the year and a half I've been waitressing is that your appearance takes on a different level of importance.  Unlike with my high-school jobs where I rang up people's purchases or prescriptions, I spend at least an hour with most customers.  We have conversations, and they have a chance to form an opinion about me.  With food in the equation, appearance gives a lot towards that opinion, so I try to put some time into my hair, make-up, and nails since my clothes are already picked for me. 

One of the first things that I feel like customers see are my nails - I hand them their menus, drinks, food.... And who wants to see dirt, broken nails, or chipped polish from someone serving them food?  Definitely not me!

Every couple of weeks, I go down the street and have them paint my nails (because I'll be honest, I'm like a 5-year-old with nail polish.  I get more on my hands than on my nails, and it usually has to be redone at least 5 time before it's even slightly presentable)

So, today it's time to go get my nails done again.  Since it's the holiday season, I've been trying to stick to something festive.  

So you help me decide.  Which Pinterest design do you like best?


**If you click the photo, it'll take you to the source

<3