Image Map Image Map Image Map

Meet Ashlee!

Today, I have something special for you guys: I want you to meet Ashlee from The Redeemed Runner!
Over the past month or so, I've gotten to know Ashlee a bit through her blog.  This beautiful woman has turned blogging into the same adventure that her life has been - from America, to an incredible journey to Haiti, and now back to America - all with her husband!  But rather than reading what I have to say about Ashlee, why don't you read what she has to say?


Let's start with the obvious question - what made you want to start a blog?
I started blogging in 2009, because I was going through some struggles in my life and it was an outlet for me. In 2010, I decided to start a new blog when I moved to Haiti, so people could follow what I was doing. Recently I started another blog, since my husband and I are moving back stateside. I love being able to write and express myself and encouraging others. 

What inspires the things you write on your blog?
My inspiration to write comes from the things the Lord is teaching me, from things I experience, and from my desire to encourage others.

What do you love most about blogging?  The community, the outlet...?
My favorite things to blog about are: my faith, missions, running and food.  Also, every Friday, I post about my favorite things for the week.


What would you say blogging does for you?  
Blogging is my outlet.  It's where I process my life, what I'm learning, what I like to do, etc.  Also, it helps me feel connected.  When I moved away from friends and family, it helped bring them with.  I live in a country where I always stand out, I don't ever fit in.  Blogging helps me feel at home.

Tell us about a typical day for you?
Currently, my typical day is to get up at 6 and run.  Then I spend time with the Lord.  Around 8, I hand out with our interns and talk to them about the day.  Around 9, I grade papers and work on my online job until the evening.  In the evenings, I hang out and talk with our interns and then hang out with my hubby.


So what are you waiting for?  Make sure to go check Ashlee's blog out!  

<3

Facebook     ~     Twitter     ~     Pinterest     ~     Bloglovin'