Image Map Image Map Image Map

Thoughts of Home

It's the early mornings I like the most, finding myself in the kitchen - my kitchen - making breakfast.  The blinds open, and the smell of laundry detergent as the washer starts its cycle.  The rain from last night settling into the ground, puddles deep enough for a little girl to splash around in. The tree out front swaying just a little in the breeze, and the birds outside singing quietly, talking to each other in the early morning heat.  The sun shining down through the leaves.

The clock we hung in the dining room ticks, telling me I have time still before the day has to start, and I stretch out my legs to cover the couch.

All as I open my eyes and remember - this is home.

<3

Facebook     ~     Twitter     ~     Pinterest     ~     Bloglovin'