Image Map Image Map Image Map

Bloggers and Liebsters and Questions, Oh My!

Over the weekend, I logged on to Twitter to find out this awesome chick, Jenny nominated me for the Liebster Award!


This awesome award has been floating around blog land for a while, but if you're new here or just haven't seen it yet - the Liebster Award is given to small bloggers, by small bloggers.  Specifically, it's given to incredible bloggers with less than 200 followers on one platform (Bloglovin, GFC, etc.).

Basically, Mr. Liebster loved the number 11, so I get to:
(1) tell you 11 facts about me, because I know you're on the edge of your seat waiting to read those
(2) answer the 11 questions Jenny asked
(3) nominate 11 awesome bloggers
(4) ask them ^^ 11 questions
Readdyyyyy....GO!


1.
1. I still sleep with my teddy bear, whose name is Theodore Roosevelt // 2. Pathetically, I know nothing about Theodore Roosevelt // 3. I'm a 21-year-old college student studying Communications and Journalism // 4. This is not my 1st blog.  It's something like my 4th blog. (1 with a friend and several failed attempts to blog on my own before actually keeping up with this one) // 5. I am obsessed with The Beatles. // 6.  Also, Mumford & Sons.  I'd pay way too much money to see them live. // 7. As I mentioned in this post, I am ridiculously introverted. // 8. Anything Sherlock Holmes related? Give it to me! // 9. I have a Tumblr, where I basically spend my time fan-girling about Doctor Who and Sherlock, and re-blogging my favorite feminist and John Green posts. // 10.  I can't cook to save my life.  Although maybe I can, and I just never try...that's to be determined.  11. Usually, I work really well under pressure and with a deadline.  But for some reason when asked the question "what's one are 11 interesting facts about you?" I can't think of a single interesting thing.

2.
1. What's the best experience you ever got blogging?
I can't seem to pinpoint any one experience (reference fact #11), but things like this: finding out that other people enjoy reading what I have to say, and in turn finding other people who I enjoy reading about.  

2. What's your favorite junk food?
ALL the junk food.  No, but really...probably french fries...

3. How long have you been blogging?
Like I mentioned above, Good Day Sunshine is in no way my first foray into the blog world; although I've been writing here since February 1, 2012.  
In general though, I started blogging in 2009, in my senior year of high-school with my best friend.  We'd spent the last couple of years sharing notebooks, and one day we thought up the idea of a mutual blog.  We spent hours that night thinking of titles, and eventually decided on Hazelnut Dreams (it's worth mentioning that neither of us had ever even tasted hazelnut)
 That blog fell by the wayside when college started and we grew apart, and now it doesn't exist anymore.

4. What do you study at school, and how long have you been doing it?
Like I mentioned above, I'm studying Communications and Journalism in school.  
This fall, I'll be going into my 4th (and final) year of college - terrifying, I know.

5. What's the best thing in your life right now?
I am of the belief that things like this are impossible to pinpoint in the moment.  We don't have enough perspective to say what is the best thing in our life in the present.
I know, that feels like a cop-out.

6. If you could do anything you wanted, what would it be?
Pick up and move to I don't know where....maybe San Francisco.
Or maybe I'd become a traveller, and spend my time in Ireland, Scotland, England, China, New Zealand, and a few countries I've never heard of.

7. If you could have a dinner party and invite whoever you wanted, dead or alive, who would it be?
 * Edgar Allan Poe
** John and Hank Green
** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (because if I can't have Sherlock Holmes, I'll take the man who wrote him)
** George Harrison, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr 

That's all I'm thinking of off the top of my head, but if I had more time I'm sure I'd come up with a hundred more. 

8. Which is your favorite parent?
I think this question is on par with when people ask parents "which child do you love more".
I don't have a favorite parent - I love them both equally.

9. What was the most amazing thing you've ever done so far?
Well, once I went skydiving.




I've been to Ireland - and let me tell you, that was incredible!!
I've graduated high-school, and applied for college graduation
I've had articles and pieces of creative writing published.
But my guess is that people I know might have different answers, and that my answers will probably change every day.

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I really don't know...
but I would love to be living either in my college town or in San Francisco (I change my mind about which one 10 times a day), writing for a magazine or newspaper.
And happy - I see myself being happy.

11. What's your worst habit?
That's a difficult question, so I'll list a few bad habits I have.
- being judgmental.  It's a problem, and I know I need to stop.  I'm working on it.
- biting my nails
- eating way too much junk.

3.
And the nominees aaarreeeeee......
1. Alice, from The Cup and Saucer
2. Heather, from Fiery and Opinionated
3. Emily, from If Ever I Could
4. Julia, from Into Loving
5. Sarah, from A Girl Smitten
6. Erin, from Erin Elizabeth
7. Nicole, from Nicole in the Making
8. Christa from Significance or Nothing
9. Ashley, from Cup of Ash Tea
10. Christianna, from Dream on, Lovely
11. Kelly, from Kelly Elizabeth

Phew, that was a long post!
<3

Facebook     ~     Twitter     ~     Pinterest     ~     Bloglovin'